Tuesday, January 25, 2011
Part 6 of the moonkin PvP tactics takes us into the first 40 man battleground, Alterac Valley. There are a lot of tactics you can use here to help you win in terms of protecting flags, capturing flags, etc. that have been covered already, but there are a few things moonkins can excel in with this battleground.
1) Remember Your a Druid - You can stealth all the way to the other base and capture the closest graveyard. In fact, if you are in pre-made AV groups, you will be told to stealth all the way and take the closest graveyard to the enemy general.
2) AV Rezzing - AV may be the one battleground where you can get away with rezzing a teammate. Especially if you are on the opposite end of the battleground. If you see people go down, tell them not to release and you can rez them right there. The only case where you couldn't is if somebody takes their insignia which despawns their body.
3) Choose Your Role Before Hand - If your group needs a tank or healer, you can't change specs when the BG starts so you have to do it before hand. You can change your gear out at any time though.
4) Typhoon in Towers - It may not kill the enemy, but it will keep them away long enough to either capture or recapture a tower. The best way to do it is to go into the flag room and stand with your back against the wall so you can see people coming in. This is also one of the best places to use Wild Mushrooms + Fungal Growth.
5) If You Are a Recaller, Recall in Cat Form - Main reason is that you may need to stealth as soon as you recall in order to go get your bunkers back. If you protect the bunkers/towers, your general is stronger and will take more people to kill.
However, the biggest piece of advice I can offer is find a good pre-made. This BG is the equivalent of trying to herd cats unless you have a great pre-made group. On AV weekends, I usually try to run with a group called QueueQ, which runs pre-made BGs across servers which helps to get 40 people doing the same thing. I don't know what their win percentage is, but it has to be in the high 90%.
Also, I have not forgotten about the prizes for the header winners. Hopefully, by the end of this week, I will have it at least announced.