Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Is $2.99 a Deal Now? And Other News

I haven't done a quick news rundown lately, so let me go through some of the latest headlines from WoW.

1) Remote Guild Chat - Finally, Blizzard adds the function that makes it worth the $2.99 to buy the remote services.  Remote Guild Chat.  This could be awesome.  If you need gems made or an enchant made, you can just ask somebody in your guild to send it to you.  Or you can just talk to your friends.  Or if they want to make an alt raid, you can get word of it anywhere.  Now, if they will just add remote in guild trading, it will be perfect.

2) Return to Graveyard Button - After spending half an hour trying to find the entrance to Maraudon, I would have been more than happy to push a button, go back to the graveyard, and take the durability hit and the rez sickness to just get the heck out of there.  Otherwise, I don't know how helpful this will be. (Certainly not as helpful as MMO Champion is letting on.)

3) 10/25 Man Shared Realm First  - And queue the QQers.  I give it about 2 days ago before the QQing started from the hardcore guilds saying it is just making the game easier.

4) Minigames - This all depends on what type of rewards you get for playing these minigames.  I am a fan of Plants vs Zombies, but I don't know if I want to take my WoW time to play it as a minigame in game.  If they give some special benefit, it might make it worth it.


5) Worgen Mounts (Or Lack Thereof) - While I feel bad for the worgens, I feel even worse for the druids.  They better bump our travel form up to full mount speed that is able to scale like the worgens.  If all the worgens can run faster than travel form druids at riding level 150, we have a problem on our hands.

6) Tier 11 Previews - Too soon for comments.

7) Two Parts Down In Background Downloader  - My guess is there is one part to go.  We were talking about this in guild last night.  I would not be surprised to see this patch one week after Blizzcon.  I definitely don't see it coming out before Blizzcon.
 

No comments: