Friday, May 7, 2010

Cities, Sites, and Cataclysms

I'm not a RPer at all. (With the exception of jumping off of Dalaran yelling "GOODBYE CRUEL WORLD" every so often.  I don't even know if that is considered RPing.)  I know people love to RP and create an incredible backstory to your character.  However, at the end of the day, I do tend to find myself in a few places in WoW.  These are some of my favorite places to Log Off.

1) Dalaran South Bank - At the end of the night of raiding, I love to place myself in there.  That way, when I sign on tomorrow, I can grab my flask and potions of speed for the raid and keep moving.

2) Bar Right By the Silver Enclave in Dalaran - This is where my hearthstone is set.  I can't think of the name of it, but I may log out there if I hearth out from somewhere.  It is right by the portals, badge vendors, and Wintergrasp portal.

3) Ironforge - This may just be my overall laziness in the game, but the distance between where the Dalaran portal is to the AH makes it my preferred location.  Plus I love the target dummies there so I can practice my rotation while hitting Starfall and hitting multiple targets.

4) The Park in Stormwind - My druid trainer.  I have gone to respec so many times trying out feral, moonkin, resto, etc. that I have visited my trainer several times.   Which brings me to the second part of this post...what is happening to The Park in Stormwind.

In Cataclysm, Stormwind, like all the old world is going to get shaken up.  However, one of the pictures of Stormwind has me sort of upset about one of my favorite places.  The Park in Stormwind is just going to get obliterated.  No more druid trainer there.  Now one of three things I see that could happen with this:

1) Druid Trainer Moves to (Most Likely) the Mage Quarter - This would be the one I'm hoping for most so I can still go to Stormwind to train without the next two alternatives.

2) Darnassus - Excuse me one moment, I have to catch a little vomit in my mouth.  I hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate, hate Darnassus.  I'm hoping the Cataclysm sinks both them and the Exodar into the ocean and we never have to see them again.  Thankfully, there is a third option.

3) Moonglade - The center for all things druid.  While I still prefer Stormwind, I could see them saying that all the druid trainers headed back to Moonglade and put our trainers out there.

So where are some of your favorite places to rest at the end of the day?  I'm sure some people like going down to Booty Bay or Tanaris.  On my Horde characters, I love Orgrimmar.  Especially as a mage, I can just slow fall down from up top down to the AH.

3 comments:

Avatar said...

When I saw the SW changes I was quite shocked. But it makes me excited to wonder what they are doing for the other cities. With every screenshot I get more excited for Clysm

anexxia said...

I used the SW druid trainers a ton (and love the park) but for the laste 2 years or so, just found it easier to teleport to moonglade for training, then head out from there.

Redhawks said...

@Avatar

I'm incredibly excited for Cataclysm. (Although if I do get a beta invite, I may just sell it for gold or actual money. I don't want it spoiled.) I love that they are going back to the old game. I hope they eventually make heroic versions of all the old 5 mans. I loved Deadmines and can't wait to run it again as a level 80.

@Anexxia

I don't know why I don't go to Moonglade more often. I went when it was required to, but in terms of training new skills, I never used them. I need to go visit there again before Cataclysm hits it.