Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Blizzcon 2010 - The Argument in My Head


I was kind of struggling to find what to write about today on my blog, then Blizzard dropped this nicely wrapped package in my lap.  Blizzcon 2010 tickets will be sold on June 2nd and 5th.  I'm really struggling on whether to go or not.  I went in 2008 and enjoyed it immensely.  However, this year, I'm really torn.  Here is the argument in my head.

Pro Blizzcon Trip

1)  Diablo 3 Announcements - It is my firmly held belief that we will get the release date of Diablo 3 this year at Blizzcon.  Starcraft II would have already come out.  It is also my belief that Cataclysm will come out in September before Blizzcon.  This means that the major announcement will either have to be Diablo 3 or the new MMORPG they are working on.

2) Seeing and Meeting In Game Friends - I  know several people from both my current and past guilds will be coming to Blizzcon and it is always fun to hang out with them. 

3) Time Off from Work - I was originally going to go to PAX - East this year, but canceled due to other stuff going on IRL.  By October, I should definitely be able to go to Blizzcon.

Con Blizzcon Trip

1) Lack of Announcements There could be no interesting announcements at Blizzcon.  Since I do believe that Cataclysm will be out before Blizzcon and Starcraft will definitely be out before Blizzcon, there is the possibility that nothing will occur.  In that case, it will be a bunch of playing Diablo 3 since I will have no reason to play Starcraft or Cataclysm at Blizzcon.

2) Money - It is expensive going from SC to San Diego.  Flight, hotel, plus $150 for a ticket.  It is not that money is really too much of an issue, but it is an issue.

So I'm not certain right now on whether or not to go.  I'm thinking yes right now if I can get a ticket, but stuff may change between now and June 2nd.   I would love the opinion of others who may or may not be going.

No comments: